The purpose of the Board of Registration for Professional Geologists is to administer and enforce the statutory authority and to monitor the needs of the consuming public. The board examines and licenses all eligible candidates for entry into the profession as a professional geologist. It recommends appropriate changes in the law to assure fairness and equality. The board conducts formal hearings when necessary and prosecutes by due process any violators of KRS 322A.
The board is a self-supporting agency and receives no General Fund tax appropriation. It is funded entirely through fees assessed for licensing its professionals.
** NEW ** The online option for license renewal is now available. You may renew online by following these steps:
- Place your cursor on the “Online Services” tab above and then select “Online License Renewal” from the dropdown box.
- You will be redirected to the Kentucky One Stop Business Portal to create an account.
- Once you have created your account, check your e-mail account for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail will have a link to activate your Kentucky One Stop account, but please wait five minutes after receiving the e-mail before clicking on the activation link. The activation link will guide you through security verification questions.
- If you receive an error message after clicking on the activation link, please return to this page, place your cursor over the “Online Services” tab above, and then select “Online License Renewal.” You will be redirected to the Office of Occupations and Professions online licensing system to continue the license renewal process.
- Once you complete the security verification questions, you will be redirected to the Kentucky One Stop Business portal.
- Log in to the portal by typing the username and password you created for your One Stop account. Be aware that the One Stop will automatically generate "@cit.ky.gov" at the end of your username. This is not an error.
- Once you have logged in with your username and password you will be directed to the Office of Occupations and Professions online licensing system to continue the license renewal process.
An Online Renewal Registration and Log In User Manual is provided in the Quick Links on this page should you have any questions on the process for creating a One Stop Business Portal Account or for the license renewal process.
If you encounter problems with the registration process, you can print the renewal form located under the Resources tab above, Applications and Forms and submit with a check or money order made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer.